My Hardest Goodbye










April 14, 2016. This was the hardest day of my life. Before I tell you what happened, lets go back about two days. On April 12, 2016 I got a call. It was from my mom. She told me that Jake was being airlifted to Children's Hospital. I was so confused. (Your brain can go to some scary places when you get a call like that.) I was 13. Jake was 16. He was like a brother to me. Someone I could share my secrets with, talk to anything about, and someone who would give me a shoulder to cry on. When I got home, I wanted to find out what had happened, and why he was going to Children's Hospital. I found out that he was weight lifting before school. He looked super pale and then...he had a seizure on the floor. They took him to St. Cloud Hospital immediately. Then they air- lifted him to Children's hospital. When he got to Children's, he went straight into surgery. He had a brain aneursym. His family had to make a big decision. They had to decided to take him of off life support. Jake was a organ donor. It makes me happy to know that someone is alive because of him.  (Jake is the reason
that I'm gonna be a organ donor.) Jake was such an amazing person. I was so close with him, and this was hard. This was going to be a hard, long-going process. (This is still an on-going process today.) Nearly two years later and there hasn't been a day where I haven't thought of you, which is why that call was so hard. After school, my mom picked my up, I went to my room and was pacing back and forth. I was waiting for the call to tell me if he was gonna live or not. (At 13, waiting for a call like that is scary.) I couldn't focus on school. I needed to know that he would be okay. Unfortunately, the call I received was not what I wanted to hear. He was dead. And  in that exact moment... my heart dropped. I stop breathing for a few seconds. I couldn't believe it. How could he be dead? He was fine two days ago. I blamed myself for him dying, but I knew that there was nothing that I could've done. It was just so hard. My mind just kept thinking, what if I could've done something to prevent this? For the longest time I convinced myself that it was all my fault. I didn't understand this. Why did God take my best friend away from me? To this day I still don't understand. However, I believe that everything happens for a reason. I just wish I could understand the reason that God took him. That day, heaven gained an amazing brother, person, friends, son, but most of all heaven gained an amazing angel. Jake is always with me. He may not be here physically, but he's with me spiritually. I keep a journal full of my thoughts and memories of Jake. Only special people have seen my journal. I write one journal a day. It's still super hard for me to talk about him and write about him. I do it because in the end I want to be able to look back and see how much I've grown. I wanted to share my experience with you to show you that life is short. You never know what's gonna happen, so you gotta make the best of everyday. There's gonna be hard days, but that's just a part of life. This journey has been extremely tough (and I'm still a work in progress) but I have become so much stronger because of this. I have also met so many people, and have become closer to my friends because of this experience. Remember, life is short. Not everyday's gonna be easy. Some days will be harder then others, but in the end you will be so much stronger. Somedays you will question why you even try, but you gotta keep fighting through he pain.  I wish I could talk to you and hear your voice again. I can't, and that's something that I'm gonna have to live with. Live everyday to the fullest, because you don't know how many days you have left. If you wanna learn more about Jake, check out these websites.
~ Forever And Always 

Comments

  1. This is an amazing post that everyone should hear. I'm so sorry that you lost such a good friend. It's hard to know why these things happen, especially to someone so young who was so kind and considerate. I still remember the day he died, even though I didn't know him. I could tell he was special because of all the wonderful things people said about him as they talked themselves through that week at school. I think it is helpful to journal...getting your thoughts down helps get them out of your head, and that can be a healing process. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Post: Best Places To Go In Minnesota For Good Scenery

Top 5 Places to Take Pictures In 2018

Q/A Post