Story Post


Best Friends. 3 Years. We had never met before that day. That day I met my best friend. Our parents worked together for several years, and they finally wanted us to meet. I was so nervous. I walked into the restaurant and when i saw you, I knew we were going to be great friends. I had never met anyone and in that same day because best friends. It was amazing.  It didn't feel real. You lived in South Dakota, and I lived in Minnesota. How could we be best friends if we lived 245.2 miles away? I really wanted to stay in touch, but I thought it would be too hard. I even drove 5 hours to come and surprise you. I really wanted to tell you about it, but I couldn't.  The plan didn't work as well as I would've liked, but you were still surprised. I was texting your dad when we got closer. You had just got home from practice, and he stalled you and tried to keep you in your room. Right when I got to your house your dad yelled at me to go down the stairs. I had one shoe off, and one shoe on as I ran down the stairs. When I got to the basement, he called you down. You were mad cause you were getting ready to go hang out with friends and he interrupted you. You came down the stairs and you saw me, and we both started to cry. It has been over a year since we last saw each other. We hugged for like 10 minutes, and we wiped away each others tears. I didn't expect it to be so emotional. But when you don't see your best friend for a year, that's what happens. It shows how close we are. We both had surprise Christmas gifts, and we both got sweatshirts. I got her a Gophers sweatshirt, and she got me a SDSU sweatshirt. It's amazing how you can live so far away from people and hardly talk to them and still be super close. I plan on visiting her again soon. Hopefully sometime this summer! 

Comments

  1. Great story! What is your friend's name though? It's funny that you don't mention it, and write this story in 2nd person. It makes it sound unique for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Post: Best Places To Go In Minnesota For Good Scenery

Top 5 Places to Take Pictures In 2018

Q/A Post